After You Register
You’ve Registered! What’s next?
There is a lot to do! But it’s ok– we’re here to help. Our Logistics and Client Services teams are here for client and logistical support. This page will go over all the next steps post-registration and get you up to speed on everything you need to prepare for your teen’s trip with us.
Our paperwork packet will be sent separately via DocuSign and consists of a contract and various forms and permissions. In your MyTFT account, you will be able to upload other required documents such as the passport and other required items. All participants must submit a physical from a doctor dated within 16 months of the return date. You will find your paperwork due dates in your MyTFT portal. If you need more time, no problem! Let us know and we can change your due date.
Flights can be booked independently or directly through TFT for an additional booking fee. All of our international (from the US), Hawaii, and Alaska destinations have a selected group flight path out of one of our hub airports that travelers can opt to take. Some of these flights are chaperoned and some are not. For the continental US and Canada, travelers arrive and depart within a set flight window. Flight paths are set in the fall and sent to families between November and January along with all the information you need to book.
For more details on our flight buying process and an explanation of our terminology please visit our general flights informational page at this link.
Travel Insurance is required for all travelers on a TFT program. Insurance can be purchased directly through Travel For Teens or on your own. TFT offers a comprehensive policy that encompasses cancellation (for covered reasons), trip interruption, delays, and medical reimbursement. This policy has an optional Cancel For Any Reason* benefit that provides even more flexibility and peace of mind.
*The Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) benefit has an additional cost and conditions may apply. Please review the policy details or reach out to TFT Client Service for more information.
Your payment deadline depends greatly on when you register. If you are already registered, you can view your payment due date at any time on your MyTFT account, or on any statement TFT has sent you. In general, payment due dates are as follows:
- April 1 – Registrations received between Fall and the March 15
- Within 2 Weeks – Registrations received between March 15 and April 30
- Within 3 Days – Registrations received after May 1
Order Your Free TFT Traveler Tee!
The TFT Traveler Tee
Included in your tuition is a free t-shirt perfect for travel days, not to mention a great souvenir! To order your shirt, click here and follow these easy instructions!
Important To Dos
When a participant is dismissed from a program for violating the code of conduct, no refund will be given for any program costs or flights, whether used or unused. All costs associated with the participant’s departure will be the responsibility of the participant and their family.
Questions? Reach out!
Communication with the Office
Have questions? Our Logistics and Client Services Teams are knowledgeable and personable, and we strive to be available for you. There are many ways to connect with us when you have a question. Please take a moment to add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure that none of our important communication goes to spam!
- Email – For general questions, you can email email@example.com and a member of our team will get you the answer that you need. We aim to answer emails within 48 hours of receipt. During holidays and the high season, this is subject to change, but we will always communicate with families when there is a change to our response time.
- Schedule a Call – This is perfect for those with limited availability. Select the type of call and the time that works and we’ll call you!
- Call Us – You can reach a member of the logistics team M-F from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM EST by calling (888) 457-4534 Option 2. Sometimes our phones can be very busy. If we do not answer, please leave a message and we will return your call within one business day.