Travel For Teens is on the lookout for experienced travelers who want to bring our programs to life. Our User Experience team builds all of our programs, makes and maintains our reservations and trains our staff to execute all of our top rated itineraries and programs. We are looking for candidates who are seasoned travelers with a great attitude and who have organizational skills.
This is a full time, entry-level position primarily providing reservation support to our more experienced itinerary planners. This a job which can be done anywhere on earth as long as you have connectivity to the internet/phone. You must love all aspects related to planning travel and be high energy, highly responsible individual who is flexible with job duties. The ideal candidate has experience working with teenagers, planning trips, and good time management skills. Additionally, candidates need to be fairly well traveled so that they can grasp the nuances of how cultures impact the logistics of itinerary development, partner communication, and staff training. Applicants should be able to work/ travel for the entire summer. University degree preferred.
- Responsible for compiling feedback about programs/itineraries, handling client outreach, building client relationships, and handling related reservations planning and communication.
- Calling and emailing potential partners/contacts in the destination, providing feedback to the team about what our best plan of action may be for travel-related challenges.
- Offering prompt, accurate, and courteous service to clients, staff and partner vendors.
- Responding to itinerary-related questions, concerns, and inquiries with the highest degree of professionalism
- Securing new vendors and partners and retention through exceptional customer service
- Ability to work 40 hours a week outside of the summer
- A pattern of personally planned and executed independent travel abroad
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbally
- Fluency in English and ideally proficiency in at least one other language
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Itinerary Building a plus
- Blogging experience a plus
- Staff Training/Leadership training a plus
- Intimate knowledge of locations and cultures where we travel
- Experience with and passion for working with teens
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Travel experience in the locations where we travel
- Photography skills are a bonus