WE’RE IN THIS TOGETHER.
Summer 2021 was a huge success and we are beyond thankful to all of the incredible travelers who joined us on programs across the globe. With our precautionary Covid measures in place, we successfully pulled off a safe and inspiring summer full of special moments, growth, and opportunities for youth to connect with their peers in exciting destinations. Thank you to everyone who joined us and we look forward to many more adventures in 2022.
We are proud of the programs we are offering, and we look forward to answering any questions you may have on how we are responding to the pandemic. Our programs are well thought out and exciting, and we are sure you will agree! As always, we will continue to heed the guidance of public health experts and student travel experts and will make decisions with our participants, staff, and global community partners at the forefront of every conversation.
Please read the current safety measures for summer 2022 below. As the world is constantly changing, these requirements are subject to change.
Give us a call to discuss any additional questions you may have: 888.457.4534
FAQS: TFT AND COVID-19
DOES TFT REQUIRE PROOF OF VACCINATION TO PARTICIPATE IN PROGRAMS THIS SUMMER?
While TFT does not require vaccination against Covid-19, many of our destinations do. It is possible that vaccine requirements could change between the time of enrollment and departure. TFT cannot accommodate participants unless in compliance with destination requirements for vaccines, which at this time include all foreign destinations and certain domestic trips (where there may be rules for activities or other restraints).
Should destination requirements change families should be prepared to either choose an alternative program, or meet vaccination requirements to fully participate in the itinerary.
Domestic Programs: At this time, the Covid-19 vaccine is not required for our domestic programs, however, some domestic locations, such as California, have vaccine requirements for participants to be able to fully participate in the scheduled itinerary and/or stay at the scheduled accommodations. Please visit our COVID travel guidelines page here or contact us for further details. To be abundantly clear: unless California changes its requirements, TFT will be unable to accommodate unvaccinated travelers on our programs which spend any nights in California.
Should the specific destination requirements change between registration and the trip departure, families should be prepared to either choose an alternative program or meet vaccination requirements to fully participate in the itinerary.
The definition of a fully vaccinated traveler varies by destination. There are three definitions of a fully vaccinated traveler that are subject to change: a.) two weeks past your second dose of two dose regiments b.) two weeks after single-dose regiments or c.) boosted with a 3rd dose. Please note, option c is the most restrictive and some destinations will only consider a traveler fully vaccinated if they have received a booster if too much time has passed between their last dose of the vaccine. The amount of time varies by destination, with the average time currently between 7 and 9 months from the second dose. If a traveler is outside of this period, their fully vaccinated status is invalid.
International Programs: Travel For Teens can only accommodate vaccinated participants traveling to destinations outside the US due to foreign entry vaccine requirements to bypass mandatory quarantines, and/or in-country vaccine requirements to eat at restaurants, indoor activities, and/or hotel stays. Proof of vaccination will be required from all participants prior to joining one of our international programs.
Q: WILL MY TEEN NEED TO GET TESTED PRIOR TO DEPARTURE?
- A: Pre-Departure COVID Testing Update – ALL participants will need to test prior to travel. We have updated our request for pre-departure testing for all participants based on the following criteria below:
- If the international destination requires pre-arrival testing and/or pre-arrival forms for customs (use this link to check for your trip), Participants will need to meet the pre-arrival requirements as described on this webpage. The negative test results required to enter the destination will also be sufficient for TFT’s pre-arrival testing requirements. Parents will be asked to upload proof of the negative test directly to their teens’ MyTFT portal.
- If the international destination DOES NOT require pre-arrival testing (use this link to check for your trip), the participants will be asked to take a self-administered rapid test within two (2) days of joining the group this summer. Note – this will be applicable for ALL domestic programs and certain international destinations such as but not limited to the UK, Greece, and Costa Rica. Parents will be asked to upload proof of the negative test directly to their teens’ MyTFT portal.
- How to upload your proof of vaccine card
- Step 1 – Log into MyTFT https://www.travelforteensonline.com/
- Step 2 – On the Left side of the dashboard click “Online Forms”
- Step 3 – Click “Additionally Required”
- Step 4 – Click “Choose File” for the Proof of Vaccine & Upload the file”
- Step 5 – Repeat Steps 1-4 within 2 days of departure to upload the “Pre-departure Covid-19 Test” results
You will then upload a photo of your vaccination card.
ARE YOUR STAFF FULLY VACCINATED?
Yes, all of our staff are required to be fully vaccinated for all of our programs.
DOES MY CHILD NEED TO GET A TEST AFTER THE PROGRAM IS OVER?
As of November 8th, 2021, all fully vaccinated travelers returning to the United States from any international destination are required to get a negative test within three days of their return. If this requirement has not changed prior to summer 2022 Travel For Teens will arrange testing. The average cost of COVID testing prior to returning to the United States is $50.
There is no requirement to get tested upon completion of any program within the USA.
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR NEW SAFETY MEASURES TAKING COVID-19 INTO ACCOUNT?
Parents and Travelers can view our Enhanced Safety Protocols and our Quarantine and Vaccination statement from 2/14/22 including answers to ‘what if’ scenarios regarding what happens if there is a positive case on one of our programs.