Expectations for 2023 Travel Season
After pressing “pause” on the travel button in 2020, the world is ready to embrace travel again in 2023. We had an extremely safe and successful summer of travel in 2021, broke a record number of travelers in 2022 and we’re ready to make 2023 even better! With Japan finally opening it’s borders for travel again in October, we predict it will be one of the most popular travel destinations this summer! Between vaccination requirements being lifted and the reopening of borders in some of our favorite places, we can’t wait to get moving. Youth especially, now more than ever, need the opportunity to grow from shared experiences that happen in person, not through a screen. The Travel For Teens headquarters is ready to go and preparing for a summer of inspiring youth and providing transformative travel experiences.
Is Travel Back to Normal?
While travel has returned to normal in most parts of the world, it is still not completely back to pre-pandemic levels and travel restrictions and protocols can vary widely between countries and regions. This summer, we will not be requiring our travelers to be vaccinated unless a specific destination requires it. We are still always following the CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of all of our travelers and the locals we interact with that make our trips so special. Even though most countries have lifted their COVID restrictions, we recommend you double-check what the tourism, safety, and travel policies are for the destinations you’re interested in before planning your trip.It is important for travelers to stay informed and flexible as they make travel plans. The travel world has without a doubt been changed by COVID, but the travel experts at Travel For Teens have become fully acclimated to our “new normal” and look forward to teaching our travelers to explore in ways that are safe but still allow for the freedom and adventure that we are used to. You can find more about how we are ensuring safe and meaningful travel here! If you still have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out!
Travel trends for 2023
The travel industry is constantly evolving and travel trends can change in a moment’s notice. Lucky for you, we’re here to give you our expert opinion on what trends we’re going to see all over the travel world this summer.
- Traveling Light- While we all want to be prepared for whatever unexpected mishaps might get in our way, traveling light allows you more experiences than you would have when lugging a giant suitcase around. You can easily switch from one mode of transportation to another, avoid airline baggage fees, and move quickly through crowds. Plus, lightweight basics you can mix and match are always the trendiest travel attire!
- Sustainability- Travelers are becoming more conscious of the impact their travels have on the environment and are seeking out eco-friendly options. We’re always aware of our impact on the environment and believe sustainable travel is always in style! Many of our trips include accommodations at truly amazing eco-lodges and life-changing community service opportunities that focus on ocean restoration, animal rescue and improving ecosystems in some of our favorite natural landscapes.
- Domestic Travel– International travel is finally on the rise again since the pandemic shut down the world but domestic travel is still the most popular choice for many travelers who realize the US has plenty to offer from stunning natural landscapes to iconic cities.
Most popular places to travel in 2023
There are many great places to travel in 2023, depending on your interests and preferences. Here are some places we suggest!
- Japan offers a unique blend of traditional culture and modern technology and this will be the first summer it has opened its boarders to travelers, making it one of the most sought after destinations of the year! The country is known for its beautiful cherry blossom season, delicious food, and fascinating history.
- Spain is one of the trendiest travel destinations for 2023 for its rich cultural heritage, with a long and fascinating history that is reflected in its architecture, art, and cuisine, not to mention it being home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Europe!
- Italy is a popular destination for its beautiful architecture, art, and cuisine. From the historic city of Rome to the scenic Amalfi Coast, there is no shortage of attractions to explore.
- Costa Rica is a popular destination for eco-tourism, with a wide range of outdoor activities such as hiking, zip-lining, and surfing. The country is also home to stunning beaches, rainforests, and wildlife. Travel For Teens offers some of the best Costa Rica trips with exciting community service opportunities and activities personally chosen by our long-time local staff members there!
- New Zealand is a great destination for adventure seekers, with opportunities for hiking, skiing, and bungee jumping. The country is also known for its beautiful landscapes, including fjords, glaciers, and national parks making for a truly diverse adventure!
To stay up to date on the most current program offerings and travel information, sign up here!